TGIF with a Gingersnap Martini
The colors of fall just keep getting more spectacular as the last week of September comes to an end. This Gingersnap Martini delivers the flavor of the autumn season, and is the perfect way to wind down from the hectic work week behind you. Definitely not your grandmothers cookies either, this tasty little devil packs a punch, and will certainly start your weekend off on a “sweet” note.
December 15, 2018 – A little update, we are thrilled to have had our recipe included by USA TODAY in their Ultimate Holiday Cookie and Cocktail paring guide.
- 1 oz. Grey Goose La Poire Vodka pear flavored
- ½ oz. Disaronno
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- ½ oz. molasses
- 2 to 3 slices fresh ginger
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch clove
- pinch allspice
- crystallized ginger or lemon twist for garnish
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker place the ginger, molasses, simple syrup and spices; muddle well.
- Add ice and the rest of the ingredients.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
- Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with crystallized ginger or lemon twist.
I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful fall weekend
whatever you decide to do.
Life is short, make sure to find some time to relax and have fun.