Hash Brown and Egg Cups
Hash brown and egg cups filled with ham, broccoli, and onions make a healthy and nutritious grab-and-go breakfast for the whole family. This simple 30-minute meal prep recipe makes an easy and delicious morning meal for the entire week. Enjoy these little egg muffins hot or cold, either way they are sure to be a hit.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns thawed and drained
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup ham diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup roasted red pepper diced
- 7 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Cholula or Tapatio hot sauce optional
Heat oven to 425°F and generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Drizzle butter over hash browns and toss well with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Put ¼ cup of hash brown mixture in each cup and press into the bottom and up the side.
- Bake for 10 minutes to crisp hash browns.
In a skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter and add the broccoli, ham, onion, and red peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli begins to soften. Divide the filling between the cups.
In a large measuring cup or bowl with a pour spout mix the eggs, milk, and hot sauce until smooth. Pour egg mixture into cups and bake for 15 minutes. Loosen cups from muffin tin by running a knife around the edges. Wrap cooled muffins in plastic wrap for an easy grab and go breakfast treat.
Use any of your family’s favorite fillings. Bacon and green chilies, mushroom and spinach, or all veggies just use roughly the same quantities as listed in the recipe above to fill the cups.
Remove egg muffins from the tin while they are still warm to avoid sticking.